Membership of Chinese Stomatological Assosiation
Special interest in endodontics and prosthodontics
Dr. Eric K.M.Kwok
Master of Prosthodontics(SYSU)
Bachelor of Dental Surgery(JNU)
Graduate Diploma in Clinical Periodontics(JNU)
Special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, Occlusal reconstruction, Periodontology
All ceramic crownsAll ceramic crowns and bridges are an excellent long term esthetic solution for patients. Zirconium crowns won’t corrode and the normal black gum line that you can see around a porcelain fused metal crown, won’t happen because of the strong ceramic material used. Also the normal too hot/cold sensations you can feel with other crowns does not normally occur because of the lack of electrical conductivity.
• High stability and precise fit
• Excellent long term natural aesthetics
Veneers A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain made to fit over the front surface of a tooth, like a false fingernail fits over a nail. Veneers can improve the colour, shape and position of teeth. A precise shade of porcelain can be chosen to give the right colour to improve a single discoloured or stained tooth or to lighten front teeth (usually the upper ones) generally. A veneer can make a chipped tooth look intact again. The porcelain covers the whole of the front of the tooth with a thicker section replacing the broken part.
When a tooth has lost a significant amount of its structure one of the options for treatment can be an inlay or onlay. An inlay fits into the tooth whilst an onlay also covers the top biting surface of the tooth. Both inlays and onlays are usually manufactured in a dental laboratory using precision models of your teeth and are used when a dentist thinks a direct filling will not offer enough protection to the tooth for the long term.
BEYOND teeth whitening is the latest, most effective in--clinic teeth whitening procedure. It is a bleaching process which lightens discolouration of enamel and dentine. BEYOND teeth whitening, patients see results immediately.
Composite fillings are also called plastic or white fillings. To place this filling, the dentist cleans all decay from the tooth .Composite resin is put into the hole in thin layers. Each layer gets hard with the help of a special light that your dentist holds over the tooth. When the last layer of the filling is hard, your dentist shapes the filling so it looks and feels natural. - Advantages
• These fillings will be the same colour as your natural teeth.
• They cost less than gold fillings.
• They are direct fillings, so they can be done in one appointment, in most cases.
Root canal therapy
When the nerve of your tooth becomes infected, a successful root canal treatment lets you keep the tooth rather than having to pull it out. Keeping your tooth helps to prevent your other teeth from drifting out of line and causing jaw problems. Saving a natural tooth avoids having to replace it with an artificial tooth.
What Is periodontal (gum) disease?
• Periodontal (gum) disease is an infection of the tissues surrounding and supporting the teeth. It is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Because periodontal (gum) disease is usually painless, however, you may not know you have it.
• Periodontal (gum) disease is caused by plaque, a sticky film of bacteria that constantly forms on the teeth. These bacteria create toxins that can damage the gums.
• In the early stage of periodontal (gum) disease, called gingivitis, the gums can become red, swollen and bleed easily. At this stage, the disease is still reversible and can usually be eliminated by daily brushing and flossing.
• In the more advanced stages of periodontal (gum) disease, called periodontitis, the gums and bone that support the teeth can become seriously damaged. The teeth can become loose, fall out or have to be removed by a dentist.